Monday, November 24, 2008

catching up

Here I was wondering and worrying why I haven't heard from you and it turns out you're having the same thoughts. I've neglected my blog in favor of just writing to you but never got a response. I thought you were at a location where the internet was not available. When I got a message saying you picked up your e-card but I didn't get any other correspondence, I really fussed about why I wasn't hearing from you. It sounds like you didn't get my emails [did you get one from Tai?] so I'll stick to my blog.
Most of what I wrote was about Tai, Jimmy and Kian, who by the way, are doing very well and are still here. What seemed like the end of the world a few days ago, now is put into perspective and we are concentrating on the best way to care for Kian so that he can reach his full potential. We can speculate on levels of functioning, but the truth is, you just don't know anything for sure. Only time will tell and that really pertains to all of us.
Yesterday seemed like a "normal" day. I went to work, we went out to eat, visited Aunt Nanc, who oohed and aahed over him for a full 3 hours, watched tv, played yahtzee and went about the day like we always do.
I graciously ignored the comment about my passion for procrastination [although I had to giggle because it is so true] and had to google your latest stops to see what I was missing. I see that you stuck to your word and headed back to the coast. The beaches are gorgeous, especially at Varkala. The pictures I saw posted showed a pretty secluded beach, is it really like that, or are you having to fight the crowds? I know you longed to get to a place where you could find some peace and solitude...I hope in Varkala you found it.
I asked what everyone wanted, the general concensus is that whatever you can bring home and you think we'd like, we will. You have impeccable taste when it comes to gift giving. Thank goodness you are more like your dad, he always manages to pick the perfect thing. If you are not too pressed for money, Lute asked if you could pick up something for Rachael. She is crazy about India and would love to have something from there. She is quite slender, but a medium would probably be best that way she will be able to wear it for a longer time. If not that, some earrings or a bag. If they have toe rings for chubby toes, I'd really like that, but what I'm really looking forward to is having you home.
Jimmy wondered if you had grown a beard. That made us think of you and your turbans and we thought how much you must look like you belong in India if you are sporting a turban and a beard. Hopefully you are getting some pictures, I would say have someone take a pic of you but then I remembered that one scene in European Vacation when the Griswald's gave someone their camera and the guy ran off with it!
I wondered about you bare necessities when you left home, it sounds like you needed to pack a little more than you did. I especially worried about the underwear situation, but you sounded so confident about what you were packing, I didn't offer any advise. At least next time, you will be such a seasoned traveler that you will know exactly what you need to pack. Did I mention that next time you go, you need to take your mother?
I have the rest of the week off and am planning on getting lights up for Christmas. It will be so festive when you get back. Perhaps I had better not mention this as you know how I procrastinate and what you don't know won't reflect badly on me!!
I felt bad about your having to spend the 50 rupees to see email that was not there...but then I found out that that was about $1.00
Will forget the email and stick to the blog from here on out.
Until tomorrow, much love

joey wrote:
Mom,
you're not keeping up with your blog. I know that you're really passionate about procrastination but please, try to keep up as I like to read the blog entries whenever I have a chance.
I left the city of Trivandrum and came to the cliff side beaches of Varkala. It's really beautiful here and I'll probably stay here for a while.
Then I'm thinking of heading up to Kollam.
Things have been going really well. I've been buying clothes like crazy since I left home with barely anything. I've also been trying to shop for family and friends but I just don't know what anyone wants. There are shops EVERYWHERE, all selling pretty much the same thing but I can't figure out what to really get anyone....
maybe ask around and see if anyone wants anything special? Imported from India along with your son?
Well, keep up with the blogging please.

I hate paying 50 rupees to only see one email from jesse and no new blog entries on your 45 day thing. it's wasting my rupees!!

well i love you and namaste!

No comments: