Saturday, November 8, 2008

day 9

Did you notice our map on our blog? I didn't even know it was there until last night. Now we can track your progress. When I got to looking at it, I saw that there is even a place for you to post your pictures of the places that you have been. I hope that you were able to find an adapter so that you can charge your camera. Wouldn't that be the pits, all the wonder of India and no camera to capture it.
I am glad to see that you are feeling better and that you are planning to continue your trip. You shouldn't think twice about returning if you are ill, but it sounds like whatever ailment you had, you have overcome it.
I have been thinking about challenges and have been so inspired by you. You decided to go to India and then did what you had to to do it. I told you that I believe that there is nothing that you cannot accomplish if you set your mind to it and I need to believe in that too. Today I saw this. "Success is overcoming the person inside who wants to quit." You already know the one thing that I can't seem to be successful at...changing my eating habits, but today I thought about the journey I need to take towards better health and I went back to Weight Watchers. My first goal? Stay on track for 45 days...it somehow seemed appropriate.
Know what the best view is of all? The one from home, so here's one for today

joey wrote:
Mommy!thank you!yesterday i told myself all that i needed was for you to say "come home" and i'd be on the next plane home. I was really at an all time low. I've never felt like that in my entire life! I was just so alone! I planned to just go back to goa and maybe spend the rest of my trip resting on the beach.today I'm feeling much better though. I spent the day walking around some great temples, had lunch with an aussie and now writing home. I never got a chance to move hotels because i figured if i was sick, I'd want a western toilet attached to my room. I am ready to move now. After I finish with this letter, I'm going to talk to a travel agent to book me a bus to pondicherry. From pondicherry I will go to Madurai because I have that train reservation to trivandrum. It's for 4 in the morning though and now i'm worried about finding a rickshaw driver to take me. and since my experience with those savage beast-dogs I refuse to walk anywhere past dark. I guess i'll figure it out though. Please post more pictures! pictures of the family too! and don't stop blogging when tai's baby comes! I look foreward to reading it every day! i love you so much!

No comments: