Sunday, November 9, 2008

day 10

Puducherry...the French Connection in India. I read that the french were the ones to settle there and lost it to the Dutch and then the British, but they kept trying to re-establish their hold there. One of the things that I think is so great about you being in India is I get to find out about places that I would never have even heard of. I read about the Heritage walks there and all the shopping and even found out that they make great handmade paper in Puducherry [hint, hint]. Did I mention that I am collecting all kinds of eastern looking elements to make your scrapbook?
It's ironic that when you were younger you loved France and yearned to go there and now you are in a place where India and France meet. How perfect for you!
I understand you not being able to write everyday. I was suprised that you've been able to get to the computer as often as you have been. I look forward to hearing from you whenever you get a chance...just don't let it go to long, I will start to worry whether you are well or not.
Today not much going on. Talked to Tai who is anxiously waiting. I told her to get plenty of rest while she can, she will be busy once the baby comes. I think it will be only a matter of weeks.
Can't wait to say "Welcome to the world, sweet grandbaby boy!"

joey wrote:
hi mom!
i'm doing very well today. I'm still in Hampi and trying to see all the sights before I leave. I went to a travel agent to figure how I can get to where I want to go, but he didn't really help me. I guess it's going to be a little more complicated getting around than I had planned. I imagined that I could pick a place to go, and the agent would either book a train or bus ticket and I'd be on my way. not so much in india. I have to go to a city, to get to a little city which can take me to the city that i was trying to get to. it's just too much...

i've been eating at this amazing little restaraunt called the mango tree. it's outdoors and on a little cliff side so while you eat you can just watch the river below you. i took pictures so you will see my favorite spot here in hampi soon enough. i forgot my usb cord to my camera! so even when it is all charged up, i might not be able copy my pictures to a disk! Unless somehow by a miracle there is someone in south india that can copy my photos to a disk using something that can read my memory card! I did get it semi-charged though. i met another traveler that let me use her power.
well i love you and i'll keep you updated.
logging on to the computer everyday is going to start costing me so i may have to hold back on the everday emails. I'll let you know my plans once i know them. i love you!

No comments: