Monday, November 10, 2008

day 11

Your nephew may get here sooner than we thought. Tai called tonight and said that she had been getting some crampy like pains that have been becoming more frequent as time passes. She says that they are still just a few every hour, but she has a feeling that he may be coming soon. It would be great if he was, I've got the next 5 days off and if I took 3 off, I'd end up with 11 days off. That would just be perfect timing.
Of course the minute I tell everyone what Taiya has said, we all had to relive our delivery days. I like grandma's story the best. On the day I was born, she was dancing the tango and her water broke. On the day that you were born, I had just started my work week. I ended up going to the hospital and had to call work to tell them you were being born. The first thing the charge nurse wanted to know was if I could find a replacement for that night. As bad as that sounds, what's worse is that I started thinking about who I could call to see if they could work. Dad finally told them I was a little preoccupied at the moment and that they would have to find my replacement.
I looked up Chennai, it does not look like a little town, on the contrary, it looked pretty substantial. When I googled it I went to the first site listed and it had a very good guide to the city. It seemed to me like you should be able to find whatever you need there. Are you expecting to stay for a few days, or are you moving on? It might be nice to regroup...On my Amazing Race, they are in India and on one of the challenges you had to work at the laundry. They showed people hitting clothes against huge rocks and women ironing with old time hot irons, you know the ones that you stuff with coals. I immediately thought of you and the limited amount of clothing that you took with you. I'm thinking that if Chennai is as metropolitan as it sounds, maybe they have laudrying places that actually have washing machines. I just can't envision you whacking your pants against a rock to clean them. Oh, wait...maybe I can...
One other thing I read about Chennai is that they are famous for their hospitality and believe that serving food is a service to humanity. Eating out is suppose to be a great experience. Bon Appetit!!

joey wrote:
Hi Mom!
Well today is my last day in Hampi. It pains me to be leaving! I had a really good time here and I definately have to come back one day. Too much to see, I didn't even see a fraction of Hampi's temples. I had to book a ticket to Bangalore to take me to Chennai. Once I'm in Chennai I'm completely on my own and have to find a room, and somebody that can book me a ticket to Pondicherry. If it's too much of a hassel or let's say I like Chennai(which I kind of doubt) then I'll just skip Pondi and head to Madurai. I spoke with a British woman who said that for her, Madurai's temples were far more beautiful than the Taj Mahal! I'll be in Chennai tomorrow afternoon. I hope all is well. I think it's great that you're back on weight watchers. I hope you're really able to do it. I know you are! I keep having dreams that the baby is born! Who knows? Maybe any day now... i keep thinking of my Grandma too! Tell her I miss and love her! I hope she's doing well in Wendover. I'll write in the next couple days. Chennai might be too intense for me, I'll need to read some words from home to re charge!
I love you!!

No comments: