Friday, November 21, 2008

day 21 & 22

First off, it was so good to talk to you, you sounded so good. I was happy that I did not miss that call. I can't remember exactly where you said that you were, but I recall you said that it was raining. I think that I'd head back to the beaches as well. It was too bad that your timing was off and you did not get to see the exteriors of the temples...but you probably got to see what few westerners get to see, the inside of one.
In your letter you mentioned about paying for praying. I had read on someone elses blog that this is a very typical thing in India. Evidently, when you are approached they will ask you if you want blessings or prayers said for you and your loved ones. They go on and ask you names of your family members and then after all the praying, they charge you for each person you named. I thought that this was terrible at first, but on second thought, there really isn't much difference between this and some church asking for donations. At least in this case, you know for sure someone is praying for your welfare.
I emailed you with news of Kian. I received email back, but it looked like you hit "reply" and sent it forward with no text. I hope that you are well. I didn't think too much about it at first, but you know me...the more I stew about something, the more I imagine the worse happening. Be sure to write as soon as you read this so I know that all is well.
Not sure about the time difference, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We are all thinking about you and wishing you the best on your special day. We will have to go out once you are home. Not sure if you want to go to the Himalayan or India Fusion, you may be sick of indian fare after 45 days of eating it. Maybe you'll just want some steak or prime rib.
Taiya and Jimmy made it here. I am enjoying having both my grandbabies home. Amaya is very jealous of the attention that Kian it getting. Whoever is holding the baby is who she wants to go to. At one point she was holding her hands out to everyone...she just couldn't make up her mind where she wanted to go. She was very interested in her new cousin, or maybe it was his bottle she had her eye on.
Hopefully Kian will be back for Christmas, if not, I think that they will have the christening in January so you can see him then.
Getting late now and I have work tomorrow. Be sure to write me back with new adventures

No comments: