Monday, November 3, 2008

day 4

Depressed? Maybe a bit. Using the oldest trick in the mom book - generating feelings of guilt that will send you running home? Hmmm, I don't know...is it working? I hope not.
I decided at the last minute before leaving for work to check my email and there you were. I cannot believe the relief I felt knowing that you had arrived safely. I googled all the places that you spoke of, then oohed and ahhed over all the images that popped up. Now I need to find a map so that I can see exactly where you are on your trip.
"Made in India". Since you left I see india all around me

Joey wrote:
mom!!sorry it took so long to write.I didn't really have a free day until yesterday, and all the little internet cafes were closed.The first few days here have been a little rough... Everything is working out just fine but getting things done is SO HARD! Before coming here I expected to see many western travelers but I have yet to see one. I've been to Mumbai, and two other smaller towns with only a handful of foreign travelers... I thought I would enjoy being one in a few but the truth is, it's very intimidating...i'm handling myself very well though. My flight from Mumbai to Goa was very nice. I got ugraded to first class! I have no idea why, either. Ironically, it saved me a lot of money because they fed me and everything. Once I got to Goa, I took a taxi (which shakes your nervous system to the core) to Benaulim. I stayed in a guest house literally on the beach shore. It was really nice. The beach stretches on forever and you can walk to the different towns.Right now, I'm in Margao. So far, it's one of the busiest places I've seen. It took me about an hour to work up the courage to try and find an internet cafe... Luckily enough it was right above my hotel room!I have to catch a train tomorrow morning at 8. From there I am off to Hospet, which is right next to Hampi. I plan to stay for a while, as I hear it takes a while to see the whole place. I'm really looking foreword to just relaxing in a town for a while. I've been doing nothing but catching plains and taxis.. I haven't had any time to really relax. Well I love you so much and I'm really missing home. I'll try to write as much as possible but don't get too worried if you don't hear from me as much as you'd like. Finding internet access is harder than I thought. I'm optimistic that things will get a little easier as time passes but until then, wish me luck!! I love you!! tell everyone I miss them so much and love them!! I'll try to write in Hampi!!

No comments: