Tuesday, November 4, 2008

day 5

I'm using your computer since mine is on the fritz [keyboard not working] which really screwed up my Election Day picture since it's really not my photo, it's one dad did, but it is so perfect for today. I needed to vote and didn't think that I would have that much trouble getting away from work, then we had a disaster drill, I lost staff, had to pick up extra patients and ended up with a real emergency which created a backlog of paper work that took until 8:30 to finish up. Long story short, I ended up not getting to vote. For the first time in my adult life, I did not get to exercise my right as an American. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but here I am on this momentous day and I don't even get to say I had a part in it. Yep, I was right there for Carter and Ford, but I goofed it up for Obama and McCain. I am so disappointed in myself.

I have been so busy with work that I have not had a chance to explore your recent destinations. I bookmarked a site that concentrated on Hampi but have yet to go and look at it indepth. Can't wait until I can see the pictures that you are taking. Can't wait to see you here at home...

Oh, did you know that Obama won?

joey wrote:
mom! I'm in hampi!this festival is too MASSIVE! i don't think i've ever seen so many people in my life. I had a really nice train ride up here though, very beautiful scenery. I couldn't find the hotel i reserved so i had to waste my money and find another room. everything is booked so i started to panic a little. I'm probably paying twice as much as i should be. i miss you so much! after i sent that last email, things got a lot better. I had a very nice time in Margao. I didn't do much, but walking the streets was an adventure... god, finding my seat on the train was an adventure. this whole trip is really intense. i'm glad i came but i'm truly shaken to my core here. well i should go... i'm probably being charged twice more than i'm thinking for internet access. i love and miss you so incredibly much.please write back soon because i'll go crazy if you don't

and:
mom, i just read your blog and it instantly made me feel better! i'll write back in the next couple of days. i love you!!

No comments: