Monday, November 17, 2008

day 17 & 18

Missed posting yesterday as we were in transit back to Salt Lake. I wished I could have stayed longer with Taiya and I missed her and the baby the minute we left, but there's something about being home that feels so good. And the weather is holding out, it's predicted to be around 55 degrees all week with clear skies. Not too shabby for November.
Got to read your email before I left. Not quite sure what to make of it...Taiya said that maybe that was a ploy to distract you while someone else tried to steal your money. I certainly would find that distracting enough to not notice someone trying to pick my pocket. In Africa, I had someone engage me in conversation while another person stole a tv right out of the backseat of a car I was sitting in. I never even had an inkling of what was going on until my dad came out and asked where the tv was. Boy, I sure felt like an idiot on that day.
Did you make it to the temples? Be sure to let me know how that went. What is your next destination? Are you seeing more tourists as you go to the more populated areas?
Grandma sure misses you. Today she was worrying that you might not have enough money. Then I started to worry that you might run out. Before you left I thought that what you were taking was sufficient, but now I'm not so sure. Are you running short? Is there anywhere there that you would be able to use the debit card just in case?
You might be able to see your little nephew at Christmas. Jimmy says if the weather is not too bad, they will drive up to spend the holiday with us. I hope they will be able to make it. I will have both my grandbabies here on their First Christmas...I'm already thinking of the layouts for that big day!!

Joey wrote:
I missed my bus to Madurai last night. I guess when a bus says it leaves at 10:00 pm... it LEAVES at 10:00pm(which is very unusual India). Thank God for the wonderful service these Indians provide, though! The man at reception called the Madurai bus driver and told him to stop in Trichy where I would then board once I arrived. Fortunately for me, the bus to Tricht was free of charge concidering I was only about 5 minutes late. I WAS SO GREATFULL! The bus drivers were too kind and always seemed to remember my final destination had never failed to help me get to where it was I needed to go.

Last night while I walking to my GH, a man approached me and asked to see my penis. I have to admit, I was a little worried as he kept following me, asking for sex, sex, sex... THEN today, another man kept groping my crotch and asked me to come with him to smoke opium and have sex all day. Things are stating to get a little weird, so I've had to start yelling things is a semi-french gibberidh language to ward off all these people that are pissing me off... Indians are very tiny people, though so I'm not too worried about being attacked. I really feel as though I could beat the living shit out of anyone trying toh rape me or something.... Ha ha ha ha. Who knoes, though? Most are very kind people willing to help me as much as they can.


I'm handling myself very well and being as respectful as possible. I feel as though my skin is getting thicker and thicker with each passing day.


please try not to worry too much, I feel safer now then I have since I've been in India.


I love you so very much and once I find an international telephone, I plan to call home. With the difference in time though, it makes it a little bit complicated.


I LOVE YOU MOM.


TELL GMA I MISS HER AND THAT AS EACH DAY PASSES THERE IS SOMETHING OR ANOTHER THAT ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF HER!!!

No comments: