Wednesday, November 19, 2008

day 19 & 20

Joey, I can't believe I missed your call. Ever since you wrote that you will try to, I have had the phone by me just in case. The last call, dad almost got to the phone in time, but instead of trying to call back, we listened to the messages and that is when we learned that you had been trying to get in touch. You sound so good!! Dad deleted the message as soon as it finished. I wanted him to save it. At the risk of sounding really weird, I wanted to be able to hear it again and again. It made me miss you all that much more. Hopefully you will write or try to call again...it will be so nice to be able to speak with you.
Where are you now? I tried to update that map on the blog, but since Tai initially was the one to put it on, I think she is the one that has to update it. Things are settling down for her so hopefully she can do that soon. Your daily schedule is so different once you have kids, but she is very good at organizing her day and she seems to have gotten it down already.
Kian is staying awake longer and longer. Where before he would wake and stay up for maybe a few minutes to half hour or so, now he is up for HOURS. Also, he is taking in more during his feedings and starting to suck his thumb so I don't think that he has any problems with weak jaw muscles or anything. That was one of the things they were worried about in the hospital when he was born. I think that he has made much progress. Tomorrow Taiya takes him back to the doctor and we will see what the doc thinks of him.
I can't believe that your birthday is creeping up. You spent your 18th birthday in Texas, but you had your brother there with you. This will be your first one away from family and home. I hope you have something special planned for yourself that day. Maybe there is someway that you can be online and we can chat. Is it possible? Can you IM from that far away? Does it even make a difference? Let me know
I started making my Christmas cards. It was strange not having you there to give your opinion. I bugged dad until he finally gave me his and he actually suggested something that made my card look better. I will finish it off, take a pic and post it for you tomorrow.
Well, that's about it for today. Hopefully we will be hearing from you later tonight!

No comments: