Friday, November 7, 2008

day 7 and 8

I have been worried about you since your email. I hate to think of you ill and no one there to care for you. On rereading what you wrote, I thought that part of the stomach problems may have stemmed from your run in with the dogs. That's enough to shake up anyone. I hope that you have gotten my email and that things have improved. If not, dad recommends clear liquids for a day, then only bananas, rice, applesauce and toast for a day to rest your bowels and on the third day, gradually introduce more foods.
Grandma left to go to her tournament. She is so funny. Remember she went digging through all her stuff to get the perfect outfits for her "A Formal Affair" tournament and what she picked out was what can only be described as one of her Frankendresses [Stef's term, but so appropriate]. You know the ones: she will tear several articles of clothing apart only to rearrange the pieces to make a new item. Some of those dresses turn out pretty good, but I can't help thinking how much easier it would be to just go to the store. I guess it is like my paper crafts. I can spend a ton of money and all day making a card that I could have picked up at Walmart for 5 bucks.
Today I kept thinking of all the things I wanted to tell you, but right now, all I am concentrating on is wondering if you have written back. I can't stand it, it's 11:15 pm and just about the time I usually check my email and see you there. I must go check...

Nothing yet, but I did see that I had forgotten to add your latest narratives, so here they are

joey wrote:

mom!!hellllo!Last night was the last day of festival and I swear it didn't even really stop! All night long I heard celebrating and fireworks. Most families have cleared out but there are still a lot of people here. I found a new guesthouse for about 200 rps with shared bathroom. I'm still in my expensive room but i'll probably move there tomorrow morning. the wuins here are amazing! I think you would really fall in love with them, and since you're brown you wouldn't get crowded by all of the indians.. I went on a walk this morning to check out the sites and they are just breathtaking! I'm trying to take lots of pictures but my battery is dying and i haven't been able to find a power adapter yet. I haven't really looked though. I just barely found a toothbrush and tooth paste!! I'm starting to think I came to india a tad bit un prepared. i mean, i'm doing fine but all the other travelers i see have HUGE backbacks that are just STUFFED with clothes and whatnot. I think I have a new plan though. I'm going to go to puducherry from here then to trichy, then madurai. I guess auroville is some hippy community... i thought i would just pass. well i'll probably write back tomorrow. I get so much done in an hour that time seems to just slowly creep by... I love you

and then this:

mom.today is not going too well. Last night I must have eaten something not so great for me bacause today my stomach hurts! I really panicked when I heard it rumbling this morning. I don't want to get sick in India! Also, last night while I was walking home after dinner, the street dogs started barking at me furociously! I had to turn around about three or four times trying to get away from them! It really scared me... now my stomach isn't feeling well and I don't know what to do!! I just feel so homesick right now.

No comments: