Saturday, November 15, 2008

day 16

We extended our stay by one day in Vegas. Taiya is looking much better [more well rested] and I am not so reluctant to leave her now. I told her that since our visit was so short this time, we can come back sooner than we had originally planned and it sounds like Jimmy is considering coming to see us during the Christmas holiday. That would be so perfect to have my two newest grandbabies with me for their first Christmas.
Today Kian got his bath and I got to take neat naked baby shots. They turned out pretty good so I will post one of my favorites here today.
I googled Madurai and am so envious of you being able to see those magnificent temples in person. I read that the city is over 2500 years old [one of the oldest in India] and is know as "The City of Nectar". Also, I read that they known for their jasmine. My favorite fragrance! One of the main temples there, the Meenakshi, is suppose to have 1000 intricately carved columns including some musical pillars that produce music when tapped. Be sure to try this out, if I can't do it myself, at least I can experience it vicariously through you.
I also saw a video that someone had taken from a vehicle going down the road. Oh, Joey, I cannot believe that you would even consider taking such a harrowing ride! There was beeping and people and cars and taxis and people and rickshaws congesting the road and the driver was swerving and careening all over. I can't imagine you being in such a situation...no wonder you needed Valium! I am thinking that once this trip is over, there will not be much that will rattle your nerves. Compared to life in India, I bet everything else is smooth sailing.
Well, I am rambling on. I need to sleep so I can get an early start tomorrow. It will be good to be home, but I know I will miss Tai and the baby the minute the car starts down the road.
Thinking of you and sending you my love...

Joey wrote:

Hello Mamma!!!
Today I had a very wondful day roaming the streets of Pondicherry. They call the east side of the canal the "French Quarter" but to be completely honest.... There was nothing really french about it.
I'm starting to get use to this Indian culture though, and life here seems to be getting better.
I'm off to Madurai tonight around 10pm and I should arrive around 6am. I'm really looking foreward to it as many travellers tell me the temples are absolutely breathtaking.
I visited the Aurobindo Ashram again today in hopes to meditate and send my positive energies towards my little baby nephew. I hope all is well with him and I look foreward to seeing him as soon as possible!!

How are YOU doing? How is weight watchers going? I hope everything is going as planned. I know that once you apply yourself; yu can accomplish your "goal" weight.. I can't help but think of when you and I went to Vegas and did our weekly cleanse. It was SO easy and If I were there, I would help see you through it.


Send more pictures of my wonderful baby nephew and expect a postcard anytime soon, here.I LOVE YOU -
JOEY

No comments: