Wednesday, November 26, 2008

day 27

We are all sitting here watching the terrible news about the bombing in Mumbai. We hear that Oberon and Taj hotels as well as the train station and hospital have been hit. Please contact us as soon as you read this. They are saying on the news that the group responsible for this are targeting people with American or British passports. Was your intial plan to loop around and end up back at Mumbai? How is the atmosphere towards westerners where you are now? My fear is that what happened in Mumbai will start a trend that spreads outward to where you are traveling. Please be very cautious and reconsider leaving earlier if things are becoming hostile. I don't want your dream to end up being my nightmare.
Going back to the news to see what further developments there are. Write back! Be safe!!

joey wrote:
the news is all over here in Varkala. I had met some Americans that were suppose to meet me for breakfast but showed up late. I guess they got caught up with emails from family pleading that they come home. I have to admit, I am a little worried now. That's scary news to hear, especially when I have a flight I to catch out of Mumbai.
Like you, I've wondered if these attacks will begin a "movement" further down south. The town of Varkala is over populated with tourist, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on or how the locals are feeling towards Americans.


I was suppose to catch a train or bus today to Alleppey where I would take a cruise on a houseboat with the two American girls I met. But of course, we couldn't find anything that fit our budget or needs. A regular 2nd class seat on an indian trainis absoutely imposible! So here I am for one more day until 7am tomorrow morning where we'll take a taxi to Alleppey. From there, we will find a hotel to stay in and take our houseboat out on the back waters for two nights! I'm really excited, but with all this news and nothing working out as far as transportation goes, I'm feeling a bit down. I even checked out of my guesthouse today thinking I was leaving. So now I have to find somewhere newer and hopefully cheaper to stay.
I gueass I'll go to the beach now. Or maybe get something to eat... Try to ward off this negative energy!!


I love you so much,
me!!

No comments: